CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Gmar Chasima Tovah

Thanks for all of the insightful comments! I know that these things should be ignored- but sometimes it is hard to just ignore everything. And I just wanted to let the singles know that they are not "out of the loop". When polled, most Newly married people feel closer to their single friends than the "marrieds". So for all who imagine their friends dropping them the instant they accept that wedding band, or even engagement ring, bets are off.

As for Rosh Hashana- I just wanted to comment on it. Usually, I look towards Rosh Hashana and Yom Kippur with dread. Im not a shul person. I know, nineteen years old and she is antsy. But I am. I constantly look at my watch and look forward to exiting, to hearing that last kol shofar. Yom kippur is worse, because being the not-such-great faster that I am, I either feel terribly ill or leave shul. And then I just feel guilty. But this year- I gotta tell you- something was different.

I was in a shul where I did not know a soul. Sure, kiddush was really awkward, for until Mr. Aidel came to see if I was still alive, I just sat there looking into my machzor, seeming really holy. But davening.... well. The shul I was in made it come alive. Every stanza was a tune, a song, and I really just felt it. My shemona esrei is usually one of the shorter ones in the shul.. but it wasn't. I was just inspired. I just couldn't stop thinking about last Rosh Hashana- how I would have never imagined to be sitting here. Married. Sheitel on head, and in Israel. I thought of all the decisions of this past year, of everything that happened- and that everything had been decided on that one day. All of those brachos. So yeah, I was inspired. And I davened hard, imagining myself sitting somewhere next year.

So I just hope that we all remain inspired throughout the aseres ye'mai teshuvah, and maybe even the rest of the year. May we be zoche to have a year filled with simchas, mazal, and lots and lots of bracha and sweetness!

6 comments:

halfshared said...

Amazing how much can happen in a year, huh?
I'm glad you finally enjoyed an inspiring Rosh Hashana. I'm truly blessed to daven in a shul such as the one you described. I can't imagine it any other way.
Gmar Chasima Tova!

the dreamer said...

the shul i davened in had much LESS singing than i'm used to.

but it was nice anyway...
though a former teacher of mine did sit down right next to me...
and my pediatrician's wife sat next to me the next day...

nmf #7 said...

Amen! Thanks so much for your kind wishes- and Gmar Chasima Tova to you too!

Unknown said...

gmar chasima tova
may we win this election!!

Anonymous said...

Louis Vuitton outlet
gucci outlet
chanel purses
hermes birkin
Replica Prada Handbags , Fake MiuMiu Handbags , cheap chloe handbags , Discount Balenciaga handbags , wholesale jimmy choo handbags ,replica marc jacobs handbags ,discount christian dior bags ,Replica Fendi Handbags ,Copy Mulberry Handbags ,Bottega Veneta ,Replica DG Handbags ,wholesale thomas wylde handbags ,Replica Cartier Bags ,discount loewe handbags ,cheap coach handbags ,Replica YSL Handbags ,replica burberry handbags ,fake valention handbags ,fake versace handbags ,replica rolex men watches

Anonymous said...

burberry online burberry online burberry outlet [url=http://www.burberry--outlet-sale.com/]burberry outlet[/url] www.burberry--outlet-sale.com
burberry sale burberry sale burberry online [url=http://www.outlet--burberry.com/]burberry online[/url] www.outlet--burberry.com
burberry sale burberry online burberry outlet [url=http://www.burberrybags.info/]burberry sale[/url] www.burberrybags.info
burberry online burberry outlet burberry online [url=http://www.burberrycheap.info/]burberry outlet[/url] www.burberrycheap.info
burberry sale burberry online burberry sale [url=http://www.burberrynew.info/]burberry sale[/url] www.burberrynew.info
burberry sale burberry online burberry outlet [url=http://www.burberryoutletsale.info/]burberry online[/url] www.burberryoutletsale.info
burberry sale burberry sale burberry outlet [url=http://www.burberrysaleonline.info/]burberry online[/url] www.burberrysaleonline.info