CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, November 16, 2007

NaNoWriMo

Does anyone do NaNoWriMo? For those of you who don't know, it is Nationa November/Novel Writing Month. There is a challenge to all of those who feel a novel inside them- to write a 50,000 worded first draft in a month. 30 days. Its nuts, but quite invigorating. And its about the quantity, not quality.

I don't know if you ever tried to write a novel. But I have. And I know that you get so stuck trying to make it perfect, with every line sounding smart and whatever. And then you get to page ten, and thats it. Nothing comes out.

NaNoWriMo is the thing to challenge that writers block. It is just for fun, and you can write about anything. I decided to take the challenge this year- but of course got side-tracked with midterms. So I'm up to 9,000 words instead of 25,000. Bit of a problem, eh? lol.

It is a great way to express yourself. And mine's totally kosher, don't worry. Its YA.

9 comments:

Scraps said...

Woohoo! Go NaNoWriMo! Personally, I tried it last year but couldn't finish, and this year was going to be too busy during the month of November to even try, but good luck! Can I read it when you're done? ;-)

halfshared said...

Yeah, me too!

AidelKnaidel said...

lol- well see how it comes out. I am WAYY behind, so like.. I don't know. But I have another much better novel in the works- its just much darker and I'm kind of at a blank on that.

SemGirl said...

Sounds awesome, when you finish I want an autographed copy.

David_on_the_Lake said...

I love the new look.

Beautiful

David_on_the_Lake said...

I have no patience for novels. Short stories are more up my alley.

the dreamer said...

i've started to write at least five books, and never got past four chapters on any...

g'luck!

Anonymous said...

wow, nice background.
I actually started this November... and I think I have 5,000 words done. Just too busy. Maybe I'll swap for January Novel Writing. :-/

halfshared said...
This comment has been removed by the author.